Spring Cleaning: Natural Cleaning Tips for the Bathroom

Here are the before and after photos of our bathroom along with tips on cleaning it using nothing more than white vinegar, baking soda, and a lemon.

This is the faucet of our shower before I cleaned it.  It’s obviously covered with hard water stains.  I’ve had professional cleaning people come to my house and tell me they can’t get these off without using harsh chemicals.  I always tell them to leave it because it’s so easy to clean.  You only need one powerful, natural ingredient.
That’s right, a lemon!  I just cut it in half and use the actual lemon to scrub the hard water stains on any fixture.  I’ve even used it to remove rust stains from a bobby pin I left sitting in the shower.
Like I said, just rub the lemon on the fixture and rinse.  The spots will magically disappear before your eyes and you’ll be left with this!
A dramatic improvement!


Next I tackled the tub with white vinegar and baking soda.  I keep my baking soda in the box, but I poke holes in the top so I can sprinkle it onto the surface I’m trying to clean.  I put the white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it all over the baking soda until it starts to foam.  Then I scrub.  You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to remove dirt and grim once the foam has a chance to loosen it up.  As you scrub, the two ingredients turn into a paste like a mild version of comet cleanser.  Then you just rinse it all away with hot water.  Be sure to rinse it well or the baking soda will leave a white residue behind.  Here are the before and after photos of the tub.
The tub before.  I know it’s gross!   Can you see the ring of dirt and dead skin?
No more ring around the tub!
Next, I put the baking soda and white vinegar to work on the sinks and this time I remembered to take pictures of it in action.  Check it out.
This is my sink before I cleaned it.
Here the baking soda and vinegar are working their magic.
Once I started scrubbing, the baking soda and vinegar mixed together into a paste that really made the sink and faucet shine!
Like new!  Again, make sure to rinse well with hot water or the baking soda will leave a cloudy white residue.
The last thing I tackled was the toilet.  I saved it for last because it’s my least favorite job and it’s probably the most embarrassing photo to share with you.  First, a few tips. I sprinkle the inside of the bowl with baking soda then I spray it with vinegar.  I let the foam work for a few minutes then scrub with a toilet brush.  Next, I spray down the whole toilet with vinegar and wipe it clean.  That’s it.  It only takes a few minutes and the vinegar acts as a disinfectant killing the germs, neutralizing odors and removing all evidence of accidents from little boys who still have trouble aiming.  Here’s the proof.
As much as I hate to admit it, this is the before photo of the toilet.
 
And here is the after.  All clean!
That’s it.  Three inexpensive, easy to find, all natural ingredients to clean, deodorize and disinfect the bathroom.  I didn’t take any photos of the floor, but I just vacuum it and then mop it with my Oreck Steam CleanerNothing but hot steamy water and some white vinegar.
Have you tried using natural cleaning supplies on a really tough job?  We’d love to hear about it!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق